To manage and develop a diverse range of services spend categories including but not limited to Fleet, Travel, Merchant Services, Marketing, Print, Expense, Professional and Legal Services. The focus on the role will be to assist the Category Development Manager to develop and implement market leading category strategies which drive the revenue and profit performance of Compass Group UK & Ireland and Foodbuy clients.
To develop strong stakeholder relationships across multiple internal business sectors and with external clients, in order to fully understand and meet business requirements.
To proactively manage the existing supply base against category strategy targets, and to provide insight on the external markets in their buying remit.
· Customer and market focus – Awareness of customer needs, supplier capabilities, and market developments in order to create marked leading category strategies for the business.
· Accountability for results – Tracking of SLAs & KPIs. Management of suppliers through regular business reviews.
· Influencing – influences successfully and openly at all levels – both inside and outside the business
· Empowerment – accepts responsibility for own actions
· Proactivity - Seeks out opportunities for innovation. Provides subject matter expertise for services category
· Technical - Experience of running key competitive sourcing activities, RFI and RFP’s
· Previous experience in a large company with a diverse customer base and wide service offering
· Category knowledge and experience
· Experienced and/or trained in negotiation
· Prior experience of change programmes to deliver benefits
Working towards CIPS qualification