Do you have experience in purchasing Packaging and Indirect categories? Do you want to take responsibility for managing relationships with suppliers, contract negotiation, strategy formulation, communication and implementation?
I am working with one of my key FMCG clients – due to ongoing growth in their multi national business I am looking for a Senior Buyer to join the Procurement team working with a focus on Packaging and Indirects.
The role will be based in the Florence area, Italy, but work closely with the teams in the UK, France and Poland, therefore fluent English and Italian is essential.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Coaching and developing other employees in the EMEA Packaging procurement team, coordinating a procurement team of 4 people, no direct reporting
- Build category action plans in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Coordinate with other key functional stakeholders including SQP, Supply Chain and Finance
- Interface and alignment with EMEA category manager for Packaging, Co-manufacturing, Ingredients and Indirects to ensure that way of working is aligned to regional processes and priorities
- Actively participate in, and support, a range of cross-functional project teams (marketing, technical, manufacturing, engineering quality, supply chain, finance) which deliver cost, quality & service optimisations, value improvement and innovation development
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years procurement experience with demonstrable results in managing packaging portfolio
- Confident and change orientated, and comfortable within a matrix management structure in a multinational environment
- Graduate, preferably in a Business, Engineering or technical specialism
- Evidence of a strategic approach, with good negotiation skills and communication capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the past
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and is able to identify the basic steps required to translate the vision into a deliverable
Please do not hesitate to apply or contact Barbie Rogers email@example.com if you'd like to learn more!